5 Reasons Why You Need A Business Website Design
A strong business web design instills trust and builds authority.
1. Authority – During a survey of 4,500 consumers, 72% of participants said that they “trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations from real people” (Search Engine Land, 2012). A professional business web design will distinguish you from your competitors in New York and beyond. Without a website, you are at a huge disadvantage as a small business owner trying to speak to your customers.
For small businesses, a professional business web design can place you on an even playing field with much larger companies.
2. Competition – All too often we stumble upon websites owned by larger companies that truly lack professionalism. Navigating the site is difficult and often times vital content is buried and hard to find. In fact, 49% of sites fail to comply with basic usability principles, and 50% of online sales are lost because visitors can’t find content (Forrester 2012). At Hummingbird Web Design we make good use of content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress. In a short amount of time we can create an affordable business website design that allows you to succeed in a very competitive environment. Branding is always important so we focus on your company’s core goals and message.
“61% of global Internet users conduct online research for products that they are thinking of buying”.
A business web design created and marketed by an experienced New York website designer can make you visible.
3. Visibility – In 2016, you can’t afford to be invisible on the web! More and more customers are doing their “homework” online before leaving the house. They type their needs or issues into a search engine, and research the companies that appear. According to one of the world’s largest market research companies, 61% of global Internet users conduct online research for products that they are thinking of buying (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012). And, according to a 2012 survey, “only 15% of consumers said that they had not used the Internet to find a local business” (Search Engine Land, 2012). If you don’t have a web presence, you won’t show up on the computer screens of potential clients. In addition to just having your site exist, a professional website design and marketing company can make use of Search Engine Optimization and other strategies to drive more traffic to your site.
4. Accessibility – Accessibility is another vital reason that your small business must have an Internet presence. Websites are accessible 24 hours a day, and we know that New York is the city that never sleeps. Your website will act as an always-available resource for customers looking to find out information or purchase products, whenever it is convenient for them. Your customers can also find all of your contact information here, including directions and a map, so they won’t get lost when they decide to stop by during business hours.
“Experts have stated that online shoppers purchase everything from books to computers to cars to real estate to jet airplanes to natural gas to you name it”.
5. Sales – Since your website can sell products at any time, you can significantly increase your sales by providing access to an online store. Potential customers will not have to adhere solely to business hours in order to shop. Even if you don’t think your products can be sold online, you may want to think twice. In today’s world, there is very little that cannot be sold over the Internet. “Experts have stated that online shoppers purchase everything from books to computers to cars to real estate to jet airplanes to natural gas to… you name it” (Knox 2004).
If you don’t yet have a website for your small business, now is the time. A professional website is an invaluable resource for your company. And big impact does not have to equal big budget when it comes to the web! Let our website design company help your small business thrive, be it in New York, or anywhere!